Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Can someone tell me the fate of King Edward II and Hugh le Despenser and Isabella of France?

I know that Sir Hugh le Despenser the son was allegedly the ''lover '' of King Edward II. What became of Hugh le Despenser.. I know he died in 1426 and Isabella of France went to France on a mission to meet her brother Charles de Valois VI and negotiate to regain some of the land the French had taken over from Britain.. I know she was in love with Roger Mortimer but that he was later executed somehow... and King Edward II was executed in 1427 I believe on orders from the French.. they called Isabella of Spain the French She Devil but was she really that bad considering what her husband Edward II had done.. what really happened to provoke his murder and what became of the Despensers who claimed a lot of land all over England and who were tyrants.. who killed Hugh Le Despenser in 1426 and what became of Isabella after her eldest son Edward III became king and had her lover Roger Mortimer executed.where did she go?. was she a prisoner to her own son? these are 3 questions at least I know

No comments:

Post a Comment