Monday, August 8, 2011

Out of curiosity, what would you think of this tattoo?

OK before everyone jumps all over me, I AM NOT getting this tattoo, I just thought it would be a cool idea but very, VERY dangerous and controversial. What would you think of a swastika tattoo as a symbol of good luck? If you all are good students and have done your research, you will know that a swastika is "the sign that represents the Hindu Lord of good fortune, 'Ganesh'. 'Swastik' is a Sanskrit word that means, 'Purveyor of Good Fortune', it bestows luck and prosperity, but it must always be placed in a clock-wise direction. This symbol of luck should not be confused with the 'Nazi Swastika', which is placed at an angle and does not produce any positive energy." Now, I know people who do their research will know this and may not think anything bad about it BUT I would say the majority of people will automatically think NAZI, HATE CRIMES and all the negative stuff now ociated with swastikas. My question is, what would be your thoughts if you saw an average looking person (ie: no skin heads) with this tattoo?

No comments:

Post a Comment